Saturday, August 23, 2008

That... Just... Happened...

So I haven't seen one of my brothers since before last Christmas and my other brother and sister I haven't seen since last May, which was the last time I spoke with my father.

Yesterday my brother told me he had a football game so I decided I'd go... I miss him so much, we were like best friends before I moved out. Now FH has never met my father and I was trying really hard not to run into him so I wouldn't have to deal with the confrontation. I made it all the way to the end of the game... I got my brother's attention and we were talking after the game and low & behold dear ol' daddy walks over so Pat and I start walking back to his car and he calls my name... ugh!

I stop, he walks over, I said "This is my fiance, Pat. Pat this is Alan, my father." He looks at Pat and said "What's good brother?"... ARE YOU KIDDING? THIS IS GOING TO BE YOUR SON IN LAW, IT'S THE FIRST TIME YOU ARE MEETING HIM AND THIS IS WHAT YOU SAY?!?!? He then proceeds to tell me I look good, it was nice of me to come to my brother's game, and ask Pat where he goes to school. THAT'S IT! We say our good-byes and walk away.

I have more in depth conversations with strangers. This is supposed to be my father and instead he acts like we were just old neighbors or something. I am glad I ran into him, it only makes my disgust stronger and reassures me that I made the right decision, one that I won't regret. I am also glad Pat got to meet him, so he finally knows what I'm talking about because few people can even imagine what kind of person he is...

Ya know... at first I wanted to think that he cared about his little girl getting married but I really don't believe he does... at all. He never tried to contact me when he found out I was engaged, ok, I'll let that one slide because he doesn't have my number. But then last night he didn't ask to see the ring, ask when we were getting married, no congratulations, absolutely NO questions about anything. So I'm done... any thought about trying to make up is gone. Ugh what a crappy night...

No comments: