Thursday, October 2, 2008

just like me

So I haven't posted in a while, it's so freakin busy being me right now but hopefully after next weekend I'll be able to get back in the swing of things.

First off let me say that I'm the most clumsy person alive. Tuesday morning I get up, shower, take care of the dog, and get ready for work. Well apparently I wasn't paying attention (probably due to lack of sleep Monday night because we were at the hospital until 1 am playing with our friends new baby) AND FELL DOWN THE STAIRS!

Picture this: I am walking down to the garage to get in my car, 5 stairs left to go, I suddenly realize that my foot is bent backwards and here I go tumbling down the stairs. Of course they are the only set in our complex without carpet and I land on the concrete floor at the bottom. Just laying there as I try to figure out what just happened. I immediately start crying, I cannot feel my foot and I'm afraid to look. I take my phone out to call FH, since he's already left for work, sobbing I tell him he has to come pick me up because I think I broke my foot.

I then look down to check out the damage, the whole top of my foot is cut to heck and is starting to swell... quickly. Pat comes and picks me up as my foot is tingling and numb and we go to urgent care. 3 x-rays & 3 hours later and they tell me it's just a sprain. WHEW!

My foot now looks like a balloon, I have a huge purple/green bruise on my elbow, and the top of my foot is missing a bunch of skin, however it hasn't started to really bruise yet which makes me think it's gonna be real pretty within the next couple of days. Oh and I get to wear a nice fashionable boot to top it all off.

The highlight of my day, however, was while sitting in the urgent care, Pat looked over and said, "Remind me the next time I get a scrape to call you." I swear he thinks he's soooo funny sometimes :o)

Photobucket
You can see a little bit of brusing but not much.... yet....

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Hope your foot feels better soon! I would've been going nuts, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sucks