Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I did this...



AND LOVE IT!

I have been so white and pasty lately but I don't have the time/money for regular tanning beds right now so I decided to try the mystic tan. I have less than 2 weeks before my bpics (YAY!) and needed some color so I did some research and went ahead and gave it a shot.

First of all I want to say that I have never been to a Tan Co. b/c I think they are way overpriced but I called around and they are the cheapest for Mystic Tanning purposes. $15 for one tan or $25 for 2, however you have to use both within 10 days... anywho I go up there hoping not to look like Ross Geller when I'm done and the girl was AWESOME! She went back with me and showed me everything I ever wanted to know about spray tans.

THE GOOD:
1. Seriously takes like 30 seconds after you prep yourself and get in the booth.
2. Insta-tan rather than not seeing results with the tanning beds for a couple weeks or so.
3. Doesn't make you sweat like tanning beds.
4. No real smell, you don't feel so disgusting that you must go home and shower immediately.
5. Pretty cheap when you figure at Tan Co. it would be $15 for 10 minutes in a level 3 bed.
6. Lasts on average 5 to 7 days.
7. Looks natural... no one would look at me and think 'Man she needs to stop fake baking'

THE BAD:
1. If you don't know what you are doing it could be disastrous. You have to make sure you put on enough of the lotion they give you because if you don't your hands will turn orange, along with your knees, elbows, feet, wrists, etc.

If you are thinking about doing it... DO IT! The first time is a trial and error, and I must say my only complaint is I didn't put enough lotion on the palm of my hands and they are kind of yellow, other than that it is WONDERFUL! No streaks, it didn't make me turn orange and it only took a couple minutes. I am so excited that my bpics give me a reason to go 2 more times hahah!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I <3 that episode of Friends! LOL =D